Monday, June 11, 2012

Destiny's Children Letoya Luckett & Michelle Williams continue newfound sisterhood

Usually I wouldn't really care about tales of LeToya Luckett and her webisode that's covering God knows what. Don't get me wrong, I like LeToya and I think she is a pretty lady, but I hadn't really checked for her since Torn dropped. But I did find one of her episodes especially poignant.

Although I have found somewhat surprising pics of LeToya and her DC replacement Michelle Williams on the blogs, I didn't really think much of it. But looking at this particular episode, I found a pretty special moment between the two. Considering the ins and outs of the whole Destiny's Child breakup/replacement debacle, I thought it was a rare instance to see two grown women acting as such. In an environment where shows like Basketball Wives and Real Housewives of Atlanta are glamorized for their salacious, caddy, and downright violent and childlike antics, it was good to see these ladies take a high road and even develop a friendship a messy situation.

Take a look at the love shown and example set by the pair starting at 8:44.

No comments: