Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ciara plots music chart assault

It can be arguably said that R&B starlet, Ciara hit her peak albums ago. Failing to meet the meteoric rise of her first two albums 'Goodies' (2.7 million sold) and 'Ciara: The Evolution' (1.3 million sold), her past two albums 'Fantasy Ride' and 'Basic Instinct' saw the Aaliyah-inspired beauty in decline and released from her record contract with Jive Records.
Now, the new Epic Records signee is set to make a comeback with her upcoming release 'One Woman Army'. Reunited with L.A. Reid, the producer behind her successful debut, Ciara positions herself with a lot to prove. In an interview with Sway in The Morning, she states:
"It really is just me pouring my heart into the record, and I think my fans deserve that. I really had to be in a comfortable place, and I really am and I'm excited about it, that's the beauty of music. Music is like really being able to express yourself. I wanted to make sure that I expressed myself in the best way that I could, and I let the music also be a healing process for me at points. There's a lot of happy moments as well, so that's what it's about. That's music. You laugh, you cry, you dance, you love, you hurt, you feel all kinds of things. That's the beauty of music."
Can Ciara recover the fame gained in the beginning of her career? Here's my prediction. Although I believe that Ciara is very talented, the market has become so over-saturated with R&B vixens. With the likes of BeyoncĂ© and Rihanna running the game, its hard to say where Ciara will be placed in the shake-your-ass dynamic. Even veterans like Monica are struggling to retain their footing. Judging from what is being deemed her first single 'Sweat', it seems like business as usual for the doll. Ciara is going to have to come harder than these synthesized hip-hop dance tracks.  It's broke, fix it! Judge for yourselves....

P.S. 2.Chainz is quite late in this feature. 

No comments: