Monday, June 14, 2010

Janet on the set of new movie | Mariah's replacement.


So I know you all have heard that Janet along with an all-star cast of Whoopi Goldberg, Phylicia Rashad, Macy Gray, Kerry Washington, Mariah Carey is filming "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf". How do you all feel about her look for the movie? When I first saw this, I thought for the first time, the ageless siren actually looked closer to her age. I'm not sure how I feel about the Claire Huxtable box cut but it'll be interesting to see this one. It has been reported that emaciated actress, Thandie Newton (who could fool someone as Zoe Saldana's older sister) will replace Ms. Mariah as rumors swirl that her old hips finally got knocked up. I have to admit though, I would have been more interested to see Nick's babysitter as she had done a commendable job in her role in Precious. The film will be based on Ntozake Shange's 1975 play. That title is a bit long and much though don't you think?


3 comments:

Kevin Johnson said...

Mariah's "old hips finally got knocked up" lol! Thandie Newton is exquisite...And I always thought Zoe Saldana and Thandie were kindred spirits, as you pointed out.
re: Janet, i looks to me like that's a short wig that placed over her short haircut lol.

Cameron Vs CJ said...

She looks like Michael Jackson in the "You Are Not Alone" video... im just sayin...

Reggie MIMI Harper said...

So you know I'ma come for you for that "old hips" and "Nick's babysitter" line right? I see we tryna thrown some sideline shade when I ain't around huh?? I'ma keep this good ole batch of a read i got cookin up til i see and/or hear from you again. Good day sir. LOL