Monday, June 14, 2010

Big wins at the Tony's & Raquel still shits....

Denzel Washington and Viola Davis win big at the Tony Awards last night held at Radio City Music Hall in New York. Both won best actor/actress for their portrayal as husband and wife in the Broadway revival, Fences“My mother always says, man gives the award, God gives the reward. I guess I got both tonight,” said Washington as he accepted his first Tony. At 55, I have to hand it to Denzella, I live for the fact that he remains consummate in the craft of acting. I also live for Ms. Viola who I think is the new Angela Bassett (where is that overacting cunt these days) as she boo-hooed through her acceptance speech. Fela! (my favorite Broadway production) won big too as it snatched up awards for Best Costume Design of a Musical, Best Sound Design of a Musical and Best Choreography. As Bill T. Jones, choreographer of Fela!, ran his nearly 60-year-old chiseled shape to accept his award, he thanked his 'lovah' who was sitting pooched up in a "Gandhi gown". I especially got life off of Grand Bitch Raquel Welch who is still letting the young girls have it! Beyowulf only wishes that she looks that good at 70 (that pussy may be 65, i dunno), as Miss Welch fiercely fumbled through her awards presentation. However, although Miss Bitch's head moved, her hair didn't. 
Overall it was a good night, although I wish the Tony's blessed Fela! with awards in acting, all in all it was a good watch. Newly outed queen Sean Hayes (gasp) was a hoot too as she gimmicked her way through the ceremony as hostess. 

1 comment:

Cameron Vs Cj said...

i loved the Tony Awards... but was it just me, or did it seem like there was a "black part" of the show... the Viola lady won, then Denzel, then Will and Jada came out and introduced Fela... it just seemed like the condensed all the blacks in one segement...lol