Monday, June 14, 2010

Fantasia's return with "Back To Me"

Clearly in reference to what she says is a "return to soul singing" Fantasia readies her return to the music scene with "Back To Me" which hits stores July 27th. The album boasts contributions from Carlos "Los Da Mystro" McKinney and Rico Love, Chris "Tricky" Stewart, Novel, Jim Jonsin and Claude Kelly, Cee-Lo, John Legend, and Missy Elliot. Here's the track listing: 
1. I’m Doin’ Me
2. Bittersweet
3. Man of the House
4. Who’s Been Lovin’ You
5. Collard Greens & Cornbread
6. Teach Me
7. Move On Me
8. Trust Him
9. The Thrill Is Gone (Ft. Cee-Lo)
10. Falling In Love Tonight
11. Even Angels
12. I’m Here (From The Color Purple Musical)

I'm personally excited for Fannie's return. I was a bit worried from the soft reception of the once official single "Even Angels" but it's replacement "Bittersweet" definitely is more in the vein of Fantasia's soulful stomping grounds. Also "I'm Here" from The Color Purple Musical and  "Move on Me" previewed on her reality show, "Fantasia For Real", are tracks I look forward to hearing as well. Having used to turning on the radio and it being saturated with mundane uninspiring "singers" and lyrical content, it is refreshing to see Ms. Barrino back on the block singing from her gut while rocking her signature sweaty asymmetrical bang piece. Oh, just to hear her raspy yelp of "Here We Go!" one more time as she always does before a song will send tingles down my spine.

In case you haven't heard Fantasia's first single, "Bittersweet" here's a live performance from American Idol.





Are you all ready for Fantasia's return?

2 comments:

c. jay conrod said...

I just heard "Bittersweet" for the first time today (here's my late pass) and I haven't felt this way about Fannie, as you call her, since "Free Yourself." If this is the herald to a new phase in Fantasia's career, it is more than welcome.

Drew-Shane said...

I can't wait! but don't tell nobody