Thursday, July 10, 2014

Yaya DaCosta serves Whitney Houston realness fish...


C'mon in ...take a seat! (Karen Clark-Sheard voice) In a good way of course!


I know for all of us Nippy fans, reactions to the upcoming biopic and casting may have been mixed. But let's get one thing straight....I'm here for Yaya DaCosta.

Here's the first look of the America's Next Top Model alum in the title role of the Lifetime working title movie, Whitney Houston. Replicating the look from Houston's eponymous second album Whitney, I can defintely grab some lemonade in the shade and rest easy.

I admit, although I believe that DaCosta is a stunning woman, I wasn't sure if she would be able to pull off Houston. People immediately go on a defense of saying, "She don't even look nothing like her!" but that wasn't my issue. I believe it takes a certain essence to pull off such a dynamic energy that was Whitney Houston and from the picture, I do see it.

Whether you agree or not, I'm sure fellow Whitney lovers will be tuned in when the film is expected to premiere on Lifetime next year.

In other news, I'm trying to pair some church flats with a shoulder padded rhinestone dress suit to pull of Cissy Houston in my upcoming audition. Any suggestions for a doll? I already got my slapping hand heavy and ready.

No comments: