Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Lifetime's Whitney Bio | Deborah Cox Vocals

I can't say I took this news well

Reports are now surfacing that the upcoming Angela Bassett directed Whitney Houston biopic will now feature signature Houston tracks reworked with Deborah Cox vocals.

According to Lifetime, "music rights and clearances are still being worked out," but Cox will be providing vocals on reworked Houston songs.

My thoughts....

Although I have always appreciated the vocal prowess of Deborah Cox, I can't help but feel like this is a slight disappointment. Granted, her vocal stylings are similar to Whitney's but it doesn't quite compare to what we heard on classic hits like "Saving All My Love For You" and the like. Although it's fair to reserve full judgement until these re-worked songs are released, I feel that this will take away from the overall film. Especially if we're supposed to believe Yaya DaCosta's portrayal of Whitney.

Either way, I will be perched on the couch with some Seagram's in anticipation of everything unfolding. C'mon in here 2015!

No comments: