Tuesday, March 15, 2011

J.Hud's "I Remember Me" - A Possible Snooze?

So I decided to go by J. Hud's website and see if there were any tracks posted for listening pleasure from her upcoming release "I Remember Me". Having been disappointed from the initial single release, the tragedy that is "Where U At", I was a little skeptical on how this album was shaping up. Considering Ms. Hudson's glamorous make over, I was really excited about seeing her new featured shape on a stage wailing songs while the masses catch life. However, as evidenced from some sample tracks from the project, I'm not as enthused. In a sea of failed to mediocre chart attempts from the R&B chicks of late, it seems that Jennifer might be joining the cast. Don't get me wrong, I love the bellowing vocals of Hudson, however the album seems lackluster and almost dated. From what I've heard, this is an album that could have easily been released ten years ago. Although I would have to wait until all is unveiled, I'm a bit disappointed from what I've heard so far. It can easily be said that it was wishful thinking that now Jennifer has a Beyonce shape, she would deliver and Beyonce-like party record. Instead, it seems we are served with mundane mid tempos to slow ballad offerings which were a mainstay on her last self titled debut. But here's hoping. Perhaps live offerings of the dry tracks would incite me to purchase this otherwise unexciting album."I Remember Me" drops March 22nd.

Highlights: "No One Gonna Love You"
Lowlights: Everything else

Listen for yourself....

1 comment:

Kevin Johnson said...

The album in full reminds me of the last one...sung with excellence but full of very average R&B production