Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Should we not hold our breath Miss Lauryn?

"I personally know I'm worth the wait" says the elusive singer when she was welcomed to boos at a recent Brooklyn show after showing up four hours late.  Now to be referred to as Ms. Lauryn Hill, the singer has recently re-emerged with a string of concerts that will stop by here in St. Louis on January 16th. However, concerns have risen once the date was moved from the day before and then from a 7pm to 9pm door opening time. Having caused an uproar on Facebook by calling her a "throaty cunt", my concern lies with Hill's apparent disregard for her fans. Having mostly been absent for the past decade, the public wanting of Hill's return is almost at a fever pitch. Although I am grateful for the resurgence of such a talent, I wonder whether Hill herself is as enthusiastic. "I spent my entire 20s sacrificing my life to give you love. So when I hear people complain, I don't know what to tell you," she told the Brooklyn crowd. Not necessarily a sign of an apology. But hopefully this will be a learning lesson for dear Lauryn. Starting off on the comeback trail in this manner is definitely not the way to go. To her credit, she hasn't missed a show so hopefully she won't start when she is scheduled to arrive in the Show-Me state. But let her say something slick here and I will have a broken beer bottle and my throwing arm all warmed up and ready.


2 comments:

c. jay conrod said...

I agree 100% and welcome back. :)

Kevin Johnson said...

my newest bookmark if you will